These days almost everyone does it, whether it’s a big or small purchase. But, not every website is safe or user-friendly. In this post I will discuss a few tips and tricks for online shopping!
Websites like H&M, Asos and Amazon are reliable web shops that sell as advertised. Unfortunately, there are also websites that are less reliable, but this often involves the seller. On web shops like Ebay and iOffer the reliability depends on the sellers. Here some tips that you can apply on your online shopping.
Tips and tricks for online shopping
- Read reviews about the web shop, product or seller that you are buying from;
- Check the seller’s ratings and reviews to see what other customers’ experiences are like;
- Read the advertisements carefully! Details about shipping duration and costs are sometimes hidden. Shipping costs can be just as high as the product you buy, so read carefully;
- Read the regulations from the web shop you are ordering on, they might tell you what to do when something goes wrong;
- Pay via PayPal if possible, with PayPal you can get a refund. You can read about their policy here;
- Wait. It can take a while for your order to arrive! Wait till your shipping time is “over”. When your shipment has not come in, contact the seller and if that doesn’t work out, try to get a refund;
- If it is your first time ordering from a certain web shop or seller, don’t buy too much! Also, don’t buy something you think is slightly too expensive. Give yourself a price limit for products. This way you will hopefully not disappoint yourself that much when the article is not as expected;
- Take into account that the size charts are totally different. Study them carefully before your order your size S, because it might be a lot smaller considering the Asian size charts!
These are some things I like to keep in mind when shopping, to prevent myself from buying things I end up not liking (or need!). I hope these tips and tricks are helpful for you. Please let me know what you think, and of course happy (online) shopping!